Wellness & Romance at the Hotel Lärchenhof Katschberg
Enjoy genuine alpine romance, a winter holiday right on the ski slopes, or the perfect summer’s day on the Katschberg when you stay at the Hotel Lärchenhof. Look forward to a wide range of activities & pure relaxation.
It doesn’t matter if you choose an unforgettable, romantic winter holiday full of skiing, sledging, snowshoe hiking or sleigh rides; or a fun-filled hiking holiday in summer or autumn – the 4-star Hotel Lärchenhof is simply the perfect place to stay. The hotel wins over visitors with its central location surrounded by mountains, making it the perfect home base for an active holiday. In summer, the mountains between Salzburg and Carinthia make this the perfect destination for hiking holidays with one-of-a-kind views. In winter, you can hit the slopes right from the Hotel Lärchenhof.
Our hotel has many wonderful opportunities for guests seeking rest and relaxation off the slopes and hiking trails, and those who are looking for some alone time with their special someone. Guests enjoy our spacious, recently renovated 1300 m2 wellness area, as well as yoga and wellness in the forest.
Wellness, yoga & pure relaxation
in the forest at the Lärchenhof
Treat yourself to a break. Relax in our new 1300 m2 wellness area after a long hike or a full day on the ski slopes. Our spa features the following:
- Indoor pool
- 2 Jacuzzis
- Large relaxation area with lounge chairs
- 4 saunas: Finnish sauna, bio-sauna, Swiss pine-infrared sauna and steam bath
- Forest wellness with an additional 300 m² spa area, a panorama forest sauna, new massage rooms and private forest rooms
- Massages & cosmetic treatments
- The Kuschelalm chalet – just for 2
- Yoga courses and yoga packages
- Fasting specials
- Day spa for non-hotel guests
Our tip: Book a day in our great SPA when you are in our region and not directly located in our hotel. Or would you like to make someone happy with a voucher for a DAY SPA in Hotel Lärchenhof? Send us your enquiry per mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us per telephone +43 4734 83 111 and book your relaxing day!
Regional dishes – high-class flavours
Delicious holidays in the 4* Hotel Lärchenhof – with plenty of local Carinthian specialities.
For the perfect start to your day, we offer a breakfast buffet with a large selection of muesli and healthy options, farm-fresh milk, and delicious egg dishes.
In summer you can enjoy a Lärchenhof soup for lunch, and in the afternoon we offer coffee and soft drinks from the drinks fountain until 5:00 pm.
Every evening, we serve guests a 4-course dinner and salad bar. Would you like to treat someone you love to a special romantic evening? A candlelit dinner in the Kaminstub’n is just the thing (for an additional charge).
Vegans can also look forward to excellent menus (for a small additional charge). Guests participating in our fasting programme receive meals specially adjusted to their diet.
Our tip for winter: Visit the Ainkehr for a change of pace. Spend a stylish evening in this restaurant’s cosy atmosphere and enjoy fondue, dishes from the stone grill or an exquisite dry aged steak.
We offer guests cosy rooms and incredible suites with alpine charm for two or more guests.
Double Room Starry Sky 20 - 28 m²
Wood Double Room 20 - 28 m²
Apartment 35 m²
Romantic-Suites 26 - 32 m²
Herzerl-Suite 60 m²
Weddings on the mountain
say “I do!” against a beautiful backdrop
Get married on the Katschberg in Carinthia at the highest register office in Austria. The Lärchenhof is an incredible wedding venue. We offer magical romantic suites and will make your big day the best day of your life.
You can also book the Kuschelalm chalet on the Katschberg and the Marienkapelle chapel located very close to the hotel. The Gamskogelhütte chalet at 1850 metres above sea level is also the highest register office in Austria. You can even get married on the Salzburg or Carinthian side – the choice is yours! We at the Lärchenhof are happy to help organise your wedding and look forward to receiving your enquiry.
Ski holidays on the Katschberg
Winter holidays in the Alps between Carinthia and Salzburg
The 4-star Hotel Lärchenhof on the Katschberg is situated on the slopes and nestled into the incredible mountains between Carinthia and Salzburg. Strap on your skis and hit the slopes!
Some Details about Katschberg
- 70 km of the best-prepared slopes
- Access to the ski resort directly from the hotel
- Snow guaranteed at 1640-2220 metres above sea level
- Over 700 snow guns ensure plenty of snow
- 16 modern ski lifts mean no waiting in queues
- Katschi’s Kinderwelt fun park for kids
- 2x per week: night skiing at the Königswiesenbahn cable car
- 6 km of skiing fun from Aineck to St Margarethen on the A1 piste
- New 8-seat Silverjet cable car from the valley to Aineck
There are tons of fun things to do on the Katschberg off the slopes, too:
- Sleigh rides
- Cross-country skiing in Lungau
- Winter hikes & snowshoe hikes
- Ski touring
- Torch-lit hikes
- “Silent Night” on the Katschberg with the Katschberger Advent trail
Hiking in the Alps
summer holidays on the Katschberg
The Lärchenhof is also the best address for hiking holidays in summer and autumn thanks to our unique location near many hiking trails and the cable car.
- Easy, moderate and difficult hiking tours – start right at the hotel
- Guided hikes with professional local mountain guides
But there’s more to do on the Katschberg than just hiking – look forward to many great activities to enjoy on your summer holiday.
- Great easy, moderate and difficult e-bike tours
- Horseback riding and carriage rides at the Alpine Pferdezentrum Katschberg horse centre
- Take a tour of the Stamperl brewery
- Attend a cheesemaking course
- Segway tours and quad tours can be booked
- Alpine slides
- THE CAGE – indoor sports hall on the Katschberg
Plus, many lovely excursions and sights are not far from us at all:
- Malta High Alpine Road
- Lungau biosphere reserve
- Nockalm Road – a lovely alpine road in the Nock Mountains
- Pöllatal – with many chalets, easy to reach with the Choo Choo Train
- Porsche Automuseum in Gmünd
- Trips to one of the lakes in Carinthia
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road – Hohe Tauern National Park
- Künstlerstadt Gmünd
- Shopping at the Salzburg Outlet Centre
for your summer and winter holidays
The Lärchenhof has many wonderful special deals and packages – perfect for relaxing and enjoying your holidays.